Friday, January 14, 2011

How many will come?

       

As of today I have 5 boys possibly showing up for our first group session next week.

We only wanted to take a minimum of 4, maximum of 6 youth. We did this purposely so as to be able to spend as much quality time with these guys as possible. Most and 10 & 11 years old but one is aged 9.

I will go ahead with the group even if the two I know for sure are attending. After speaking to parents/guardians it is pretty apparent that they could use some guidance with respect to a variety of issues. It will be interesting as well to see if the others who have contacted me see enough value in the program to bring their youth. I hope so but if not, another time.

Last night I presented at the Royal Ottawa Mental Health Hospital on the attachment work of Dr. Gordon Neufeld [see excerpt of his work on You tube: http://bit.ly/eMYUDG]. It was a dream come true for me as a student to be present in this space and be offered an invitation to present this work in a room full of mental health professionals. This has empowered me to move forward above and beyond the trepidation I may feel as the boy’s weekly group fast approaches. I know I am doing the right thing and I can not wait for the group to begin.  Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment